Saving Up for Wedding Transportation Rental
This article may not be a 100% percent accurate but this will assist you on how you can save on wedding transportation rental and what important aspects you should look for in a transportation company.
Typical transportation rental package ranges from $250 to $600 for 3 hours depending on the vehicle model or preference and the number of vehicles you are planning to rent during your wedding day.
Important fact you should remember in booking a wedding transportation
I highly recommend that you should book your reservation 6 months before the exact date of your wedding. It is best that you start looking for a transportation company earlier than 6 months to allow you to choose a transportation package that is less expensive and will give you more vehicle options.
Things you need to consider before signing a contract:
- Confirm your reservation 6 months before the wedding date. Leave a note to call you at least 3 months before the wedding and a week before the wedding to update you regarding the transportation and driver’s availability. Put everything into writing.
- Once you confirmed your reservation. Be practical and particular about it. Ask to see if you can view the vehicles that you have booked to be used on your wedding day. Keep a copy of the driver’s profile and license plate and make sure it is indicated in the contract as well.
- Ask for insurance, permits, and agreements to be also attached to your contract. Read it carefully and make sure it’s valid before signing off your reservation. It might be useful if ever you encounter some unprecedented event in the future. This is the standard practice for any reputable wedding limousine company.
Consider the cost when booking a reservation
Don’t overlook the prices
Check and verify prices and packages thoroughly. Don’t hesitate to ask questions if you find it confusing to understand the price brackets. Usually companies offer rates by hours but they also offer an all-inclusive package in a set of the number of hours with amenities.
Hourly rates can be a good option if you have organized specific times during the wedding event but pay attention to add-ons that basically adds up to account for fuel and extra mileage surcharges, toll and parking fees, and cleaning/repair fees. Always ask for the full price and quotes that have no hidden fees or extra charges that might surprise you after the wedding.
It is also customary to tip the driver around 15 to 20 percent of the total base amount.
Some facts you should know about when looking at the cost:
- Basic Run Time Charges: 3 hours minimum depending on the destination. Extra charges may apply. Show them your designated stops when asking for a quote and include wait time charge per hour just in case there are changes during the wedding day
- Gratuity and Surcharges: Some companies charge a driver’s gratuity and surcharges. Be informed about it to avoid issues. Usually, gratuity is around 15 to 20 percent of the total base amount. Typical surcharges can be around 10 percent or more.
- Vehicle Price: Vehicle prices may vary from sizes and model. Make sure you are charged with the vehicle at its intended rate. You may ask for discounts for packages or exclude the amenities you don’t actually need in the vehicle.
- Time of the Year: It is expensive during peak seasons. If you plan to wed on a wedding season it’s best to book early when it’s off season or 6 months before the wedding.
Depending on which transportation company in your area, you always be aware if there’s any additional cost added or to be added in your quotation. Here’s an estimate that I find to be useful for you. According to CostHelper.com,
Estimated Additional Costs:
- Typically, companies charge a per-stop fee ($15-$30 per stop, although it varies) if there are multiple pick up or drop off locations. Ask in advance if this applies.
- Most rental rates do not include the driver’s tip, which should be anywhere from 10-20 percent of the cost, given in cash at the end. Some hourly rentals include an automatic 20 percent gratuity — so check to be sure before tipping.
- When gas costs soared over $3-$4 a gallon, many limousine companies added a 5-10 percent fuel surcharge for longer trips.
- Hourly charges are usually calculated in 15-minute increments, and overtime charges are usually much higher than the standard rate, starting around $130-$300 or more an hour. It can be better to book a limo for a flat fee for the day than to run the risk of running over on a 2-, 3- or 4-hour rental.
You should finalize your booking when the limousine company meets these criteria:
- Reputation of the transportation company has already been verified
- Cost breakdown calculated and no hidden charges
- All packages have been explained and charges have been emphasized
- Cancellation and agreement have been agreed upon
- Identified the inclusion in the price, such as a bottle of champagne, decorations, sunroof, et cetera.
Understand the cost and compare it to your intended budget then start setting up your goals in order to achieve a successful wedding that you’ve been hoping for. I hope this article gives you an idea on how to calculate the certain amount that you will need to save up so you can afford to hire the luxurious transportations that you will need for your wedding.