The Benefits of Renting a Shuttle for Autumn Foliage Sightseeing
Most people have distinct opinions of which time of the year is the best. Some relish in the heat of summer and routine visits to the beach. Others spend the entire year waiting for the holiday season when everything is bright and festive. For some, spring and its annual season of rebirth can’t be beaten. Of course, quite a few also prefer autumn. It’s the time of the year when summer’s intense heat begins to fade and that amazing, crisp bite makes its way into the air.
Autumn is also the time of year when Mother Nature puts on her best light show. Shorter days combined with cooler temperatures bring about certain awe-inspiring transformations. Those changes lead to a breakdown in the chlorophyll that gives leaves their green color during the spring and summer months. Once that happens, the leaves start displaying their incredible yellow, orange, and red hues. It’s a breathtaking sight that certainly catches the eye and leaves people in awe.
Seeing Autumn Foliage the Right Way
Many people have made a tradition of driving around and taking in the beautiful fall foliage. It’s a great way to get out of the house and make the most of the season while the leaves are at their most colorful. Having said that, loading up the car and taking off for the day isn’t necessarily the best way to see the sights. Taking advantage of a shuttle rental could be the better option.
Dream Limousines is here to help Detroit residents and visitors make the most of their autumn foliage sightseeing trips. We’ve been providing limousine rentals and shuttle services for the greater Detroit area since 2005, and our team is dedicated to providing unrivaled service. With an extensive fleet of limos, stretch SUVs and sedans, as well as party buses and an expert staff of chauffeurs and support representatives, we’re committed to helping you see the local autumn splendor in style and comfort.
Why Rent a Shuttle for Autumn Foliage Sightseeing?
Fall offers an array of opportunities for avid nature lovers as well as those who prefer to enjoy the sights, sounds, and smells of the season from the indoors. It’s the time of year when pumpkins become the decor of choice. Corn mazes begin to pop up across the nation, and pumpkin spice makes its much-anticipated annual rise to fame. Sweaters and hoodies make their way back into everyone’s wardrobe as well.
All those gorgeous colors that spread through the trees can’t be overlooked, either. They can certainly make for a wonderful outing and a terrific way to escape the chaos of everyday life. Renting Detroit shuttles to see the local display of color comes with several benefits when compared to the conventional sightseeing alternative.
Fun for Everyone
When you take the traditional route and drive around in your own vehicle to see the foliage, not everyone gets to enjoy the ride. Whoever draws the short straw and ends up behind the wheel has to concentrate on navigation, speed limits, and other drivers on the road instead of taking in the sights. When you rent a shuttle with a professional chauffeur, everyone gets to enjoy the trip. Your highly trained and experienced driver handles all the stressful and frustrating aspects while you simply sit back and take in the entire experience.
Studies have shown that looking at fall foliage can help relieve stress, which is an advantage everyone could certainly use these days. Unfortunately, driving has a way of creating stress and ramping up its negative effects. That actually counteracts the relaxing, stress-relieving benefits of enjoying the natural sights of autumn and can cause a rift between your family and friends rather than bringing everyone together, just as it should be. Renting a shuttle for the trip allows you to enjoy the experience without all the extra stress of driving around to the local must-see fall destinations.
Get Everyone Involved
Getting together with friends and extended family is a great way to connect and enjoy time together. If you take your personal vehicle for a trip, though, it’s impossible to include everyone. After all, you can only fit so many people into one vehicle. The more people you want to include in your fall sightseeing trip, the more vehicles you’ll need to take. That means having to coordinate with all the other drivers and try to keep up with everyone. With our stretch SUVs and party buses, you can bring along anywhere from 18 to 40 people, and everyone gets to be included without the typical hassles.
Make the Most of the Trip
Detroit and the surrounding areas hold in store numerous autumn sights and experiences. Planning a trip to cover as many of them as possible isn’t easy. You’re bound to forget about some of the most exciting and amazing destinations or have trouble making the complete circuit in a single journey. When you come to us for your autumn sightseeing adventure, we can help make sure you get to make the most of the trip. Our dedicated customer service team knows all the best local venues and can provide as much or as little assistance as you want with the planning phase.
Those are only a few of the benefits of letting Dream Limousines be part of your autumn sightseeing trip. With us, you’ll have complete freedom to choose where you want to go, or you can let us help plan the outing. We can also go above and beyond basic transportation services. Our team can stock your shuttle or limousine with snacks and beverages so you don’t have to keep track of a cooler and constantly pull over to pass out refreshments. Our fleet also comes equipped with televisions, high-end sound systems, USB connections, and many other amenities to ensure you have the best possible experience.
Where to Go for Autumn Sightseeing in Detroit
In truth, there are several wonderful places to see the gorgeous colors and other breathtaking sights of autumn in and around Detroit. Simply venturing outside the heart of the city can take you into some amazingly colorful surroundings. Still, there are certain places that just shouldn’t be missed when the air starts to cool down and the leaves begin their yearly transformation.
- Keweenaw National Historic Park. Some of the most beautiful fall colors come into play in the Keweenaw Peninsula in Calumet. Keweenaw National Historic Park is committed to preserving the landscape and making sure the area’s natural wonders are always available for locals and visitors to enjoy. As such, it’s one of the most exquisite places in the area to visit during the fall. You can also extend your outing to include the Keweenaw Hills and the lovely little towns nestled therein.
- Tahquamenon Falls State Park. Autumn colors aren’t the only sights to behold at Tahquamenon Falls State Park. In fact, the area is also home to a stretch of the Tahquamenon River and several lovely waterfalls. This park’s 50,000-acre expanse is the perfect place to venture to for fall sightseeing. You can also have a picnic in the natural beauty and take a slow, relaxed walk through the park to get plenty of fresh air while you enjoy the sights.
- Tunnel of Trees Scenic Heritage Route. If you truly want to make a day of it, the Tunnel of Trees Scenic Heritage Route is certainly an option. It’s about a four-hour drive from Detroit, but it’s well worth the trip, especially if someone else is doing the driving for you. This 30-mile stretch of dazzling fall chromaticity runs from Cross Village through Good Hart, Middle Village, Harbor Springs, and Petoskey. Plenty of shopping opportunities and other potential stops are available along the way.
- Mackinac Island. Mackinac Island is yet another alluring destination to visit during the fall. Once the weather cools down, it offers a quiet, laid-back atmosphere as well as a splendid range of autumn colors. You can have a picnic, enjoy a horseback riding adventure, or take a relaxed carriage ride through the elegant display of fall hues. On the other hand, you could simply stop to take a few pictures before heading off to one of the other destinations in the area.
- Leelanau State Park. Located near Northport, Leelanau State Park offers ample fall colors to admire as well. While the drive to the park provides its own allure, the park itself is also a wonderful stop on your outing. You can take some time to walk along the park’s beaches and take in Lake Michigan or hike along a wooded trail. Grand Traverse Lighthouse is a delightful attraction to visit, too.
All this barely scratches the surface. As you absorb all the wonderful, mood-lifting autumn hues, you could also add a few side excursions to the mix. Enjoy a winery tour or have a fun apple-picking experience. Visit small-town shops or indulge in some of the area’s renowned eateries. Autumn in Detroit and the surrounding areas is filled with possibilities. At Dream Limousines, we’re here to help make your trip as enjoyable and memorable as possible. Feel free to give us a call or fill out the form we’ve provided to learn more about what we have to offer.